Friday, September 28, 2012

Who, Action, Finish Thought Writing & Fall Art!


We recently made scarecrow heads in our class and I thought I would share a few pictures. The head is made out of a paper plate and all the rest of the pieces are cut out of construction paper. The students got to use crazy scissors for the hay. Art is so fun at this age and the KIDS love it! Looking forward to many more fun art projects throughout the rest of the year. 







In writing we have been working on the writing trait of ideas. In the past few weeks we have been working on expanding sentences and focusing on ONE topic when we are writing. Yesterday my students completed an expanding sentence activity that was very fun. It is called a WHO, ACTION, FINISH THOUGHT activity. First I showed my students a picture of a boy diving into a lake. Then the students and I created a "simple sentence" from the picture. The sentence had to have a who, action, and a finish thought. Once we had our simple sentence created we talked about how we could add more details to our picture and to the sentence. The students LOVED this activity and did a great job on it! Here is a few examples of their work!





 I finally got around to changing the bulletin board in my coatroom. I got the idea from Pinterest. If you are looking for great fall decoration ideas, follow me on Pinterest. Here is a picture of my fall bulletin board in my front room, "Mrs. High's TREE-mendous Class" The tree is made out of tissue paper. It was a very easy bulletin board to make and the kids really like it!


That is all for now! Keep an eye out for our BUCKET FILLING movie coming next week! Also, take a look at the movie trailer, "Mrs. High's Stars" on my last post if you haven't yet. Have a WONDERFUL weekend! 

Mrs. High





No comments:

Post a Comment