Tuesday, September 18, 2012

We are BUCKET FILLERS!




Yesterday I read the book, "Have You Filled a Bucket Today" and showed my students these videos, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaddbqEQ1NE and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5R6-2m_qHk. The books talk about how bucket filling is when we do kinds things, share, say kinds words, and make others feel special in some way. Bucket dipping is when we are unkind to friends, when we are NOT respectful, or when we are a bully.  During the rest of the year I am going to do different acitvities to go will these two books. We are going to have a class bucket and have the students fill out the following slips and drop them in our bucket. 
Please list any ideas/resources you have used in your class to help your students become great bucket fillers!!! Also, PLEASE comment if you know how I can upload a word document into my blog! I have been wanting to post resources but don't know how to do it! Thanks :) There will be many more pictures and resources to come as I develop bucket filling in my classroom!


2 comments:

  1. Great job Mrs. High! Jenna just blessed my heart has she has made a point to fill the buckets of her siblings this past week. I love it! Thanks for sharing pictures and stories of your classroom. Love going through them with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for commenting! I LOVE to know that people are looking at the things I post and reading them :) I am SO glad that Jenna is taking what she is learning at school and using it at home! I can't wait to do more things with it this year!

    ReplyDelete