Thursday, September 13, 2012

Fall is Here!

I am finally getting around to posting about what has happened in our classroom during the first month of school. We have been very busy little "stars".  We started off the year reading different books about "stars" to incorporate my hollywood theme into our classroom. Each student got to dress up like a "super star" and decorated a star to decorate the front of our classroom. We also read the "No, David" books and created our own "Davids". The students got to write one rule that they wanted to follow this year under their David. We most recently got finished writing a fall acrostic and painting a leaf. I LOVE incorporating art and writing together! The students wrote the following acrostic and painted a leaf with metallic water paints.

Loving
Every minute
As a
First Grader!

The students LOVED this project and it is currently hanging up in our hallway.





*I will try and post resources as soon as I can! Tomorrow is the end to a busy, busy week! We are going on our first field trip and then the students are going to blog about what they did next week! My first attempt at student blogging! SO EXCITED! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment