Thursday, May 23, 2013

Marvelous May

Spring into First Grade 


BUNCH OF MUNSCH! We did a Robert Munsch author study during the second week in May. The kids loved reading his books and listening for voice in his writing! Here are a few pictures of activities that we did during the author study. 

I love seeing my students engaged in a good book :D





The kids loved making their own "smelly socks" to go with the book, Smelly Socks

The students created a Pic Collage using our iPads. They had to show me their favorite books that we read throughout the week! My Pic Collage above shows books and projects that we did throughout the week.  
Finding pictures for her Robert Munsch Pic Collage. 

Here is an example of one of my students finished Pic Collages. 




We made alligators after we read the book, Alligator Baby. The students wrote and illustrated about what baby animal they would bring home and what they would do with it. 


The past year has gone so fast and I will miss all of my students dearly!  Have a safe and FUN summer everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment